Musician / Music Director
Hamptons United Methodist Church in Southampton, N.Y., is seeking a part-time musician/music director to accompany and lead congregational singing during Sunday morning worship and other special services throughout the year.
- Provide music support for weekly 10 a.m. Sunday worship across a variety of genres including service music, Christian & gospel songs, traditional and contemporary hymns. Provide prelude and postlude, congregational accompaniment, and solo/choir anthems.
- Provide music during additional special services, especially during Lent-Easter and Advent-Christmas.
- Collaborate and communicate with the pastor and the worship team to create inspiring services for a diverse, multi-generational congregation.
- Honor the Christian faith and worship experience.
- Play for occasional weddings & funerals that are compensated separately.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong instrumental skills (organ, keyboards, drums); ability to perform as a soloist and lead congregational singing
- Highly collaborative work style and flexibility.
- Ability to recruit and nurture others to share vocal and instrumental talents with the congregation in worship and other settings.
- Familiarity with church music, especially the musical traditions of the United Methodist Church.
- Takes initiative in seeking ways to enhance the music program.
- Good organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. Comfortable communicating via phone calls, text, email and video conferencing